Friday, June 28, 2013

I Can Haz Productivity: June 2013 month in review


Before we party for the 4th of July I thought I'd take a moment to review my activity this month. June has been a whirlwind in more ways than one.

There was my big, bad parole from my corporate day job and all of that it entails (celebrations, cry-fests, meetings with mentors, networking, networking, and more networking). All of that snowballed into interviews and temporary job offers which was exciting, if not a little dizzying.

From there we had the widely celebrated DOMA decision bringing equality to more Americans. *throws unicorns and cupcakes*

But that’s not all, folks. There’s more!(said in manner of infomercial sales person)

June saw the epic debut of #MSWL (manuscript wish list). I got sucked into reading more tweets in 24 hours than ever while #MSWL was live. If you missed it, check it out here. Agents and Editors spewed their wish list deets in an easily searchable, readable, format. I found several Agents that seemed to be a great fit for my work. *fingers crossed*

But all of this amazing activity took time away from writing. Which is okay, I learned the hard way (last month) not to set a goal of 1k a day. *coughs* My chops aren’t that good…yet. Instead I set my go-to goal of 300 words a day.

Sadly, I did not hit my 300 words-a-day goal.


I’ve got words on the page which is what matters. I’m still struggling to wrap up my SF-R WIP. It’s the transition from middle to end that I just can’t get right….I see many hours of research in my future.

The month of June was rocky but I was able to write. The resulting productivity is as follows:

16 blog posts, including:
2 reviews
2 author interviews
2 posts on goals - hahaha
4 novels read

For a grand total of 4,471 words. Not bad, not bad at all. And even better, this brings my total ‘tracked’ word count for the year to 31,654!

Check out how I did in May, April, and March.

I’m still feeling out what my true ‘reach’ goal should be. 1k is too big and 300k might be too low. I feel like I was way busier with ‘stuff’ in May and still managed to kick out a ton of words. Then there’s June and I’m less busy with ‘stuff’ and more busy with ‘feels’ and I barely produce at all (relatively speaking).

How do you determine you daily word goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...