Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fave Fictional Crushes

There are a lot of awesome themes in YA lit: identity, sexuality, friendship, family, love. One of my favorite elements of YA are the heartthrob, dreamboat, boys. *swoons* Here are 4 of my Fave Fictional Boytoys. (Warning: swooning likely ahead)

1. Cricket Bell from Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. Here’s a pic that pretty well captures the Cricket-ness I adore:


He’s patient, good, gorgeous, and did I say patient? I think one of the best things about Cricket is that he is so patient with Lola. He’s willing to wait for her *sigh*

Here’s a quote:

“I know you aren’t perfect. But its a person’s imperfections that make them perfect for someone else.”
- Stephanie Perkins, Lola and the Boy Next Door

*Swoons* with a capital S.

2. Kaidan Rowe from the Sweet Evil series by Wendy Higgins. This is how I imagine him. Isn’t he dreamy:


He’s a bad boy to the bone – he’s part demon. He’s sexy, British, and devious. He may be part demon but his heart is all good. The war of good and evil within Kaidan makes him complex and sympathetic.

Here’s a quote:

“I felt you come alive when we kissed, and I know you’re afraid of that. Afraid to
unleash that other side of yourself. ”
― Wendy Higgins, Sweet Evil

3. Dean from Dracian Legacy by Priya Kanaparti. And this is how I imagine him to look:


Now Dean is not my typical crush. He’s not outwardly sensitive or sweet. No. Dean is outwardly rough and has a low tolerance for girls who feel sorry for themselves. I like Dean because he drives the women around him to be better, stronger, and more confident.

4. Elias from One by Leigh Ann Kopans. Eyes, feast on this (a nearly perfect photo of my brain’s rendering of Elias):


Elias shares a lot of characteristics with my usual crush type: he’s kind, sensitive, caring, and all around good. He openly loves his family (which is cute in teens and especially teen boys). Elias is also like Dean in that he drives his leading lady to be better and stronger. He’s a dreamboat.


Who is your favorite fictional crush?

Want more gushing over fictional heartthrobs? Check out these links:
Fictional Crushes and what they say about us

Biggest Fictional Crushes of All Time

5 Fictional Boys I Wish Were Real

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...