Sunday, May 12, 2013

Author Interview: Katie Teller re: Kiya: Hope of the Pharaoh part 2


Welcome back Katie. Yesterday we introduced Katie’s debut:


Kiya: Hope of the Pharaoh.





Check out the book trailer here

The book is available now at your favorite book retailers:
Amazon
B&N
Kobo

Today we are talking to Katie about craft and her writing process. First, releasing your first novel is a huge deal! Congratulations.

What did you do to celebrate the release? *throws confetti* *shares cupcakes*


My mum came in for Australia for the release, and I also had friends and family come over to eat my famous peanut butter choc-chip cookies, talk about the book and watch the trailer. It was a lot of fun and great to spend time with people who have supported me throughout my journey.

Do you have any writing rituals or superstitions? (I for one can't write on the third full moon of the solstice...)

Ahh... can't say I do. I don't like my hubby looking over my shoulder when I write, does that count? :-)

Why did you choose the indie pub scene? What do you like about it?

Curiosity Quills is a community, and I really enjoy that. I love that all the authors support and help one another. I was finding agents just weren't interested in my work, but as soon as I queried publishers suddenly I got full requests and even a few offers. So I figured why not? And it's been wonderful and exciting. I also got some sweet royalties in my contract. LOL.

Which blogs or online resources were the most helpful as you prepared for self pub?

Well I published through Curiosity Quills so they did everything for me.

Tell me, What/who is your favorite book/author?

Oh wow... ahh my favorite book is probably Fire of the Covenant by Gerald N. Lund, and all growing up I loved Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.

We all love Twitter and there seems to be no end to supportive authors, editors, and agents online. Who is your favorite Tweep (at the moment)?

Darci Cole! She was my first CP and encouraged me to join twitter and the writing community, and now she RT's all my stuff about my book and tweets about it herself. So supportive that woman! I just love her.

You've been a great sport so far but an Author Interview wouldn't be completed if I didn't ask the age old question: are you a Plotter or Panster?

PANSTER. Big time. Which is ironic considering all the research and structuring a story around historical theories I had to do for Kiya. But it worked, because the things I found about all the people of the time, and all the events, varied from historian to historian, so I plucked out the theories which best suited what I wanted to build into the story and filled in the gaps with my panster-ing skills.

Well, Katie, you’ve been a great sport and it’s been a lot of fun having you on the blog. Thanks for sharing and *Congrats* on your debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...