Monday, July 6, 2015

June 2015 Month In Review


**Recapping my monthly progress serves two purposes: first, it keeps me honest and accountable to my goals; second, it allows me to truly capture just how much work I’ve done over the last year. So let the recapping begin!**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what to think about June other than it was a mixed bag of horrible and happy.

First, Handsome Jack and I went on our first ever cruise. It was a family vacation with his parents, his sister and her husband, and, of course, the two of us. It was a lot of fun spending all that time with them.


It was a seven day Caribbean cruise on Carnival. We hit the Nassau, Bahamas; St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Grand Turk, TCI. Here are some pics:




You may think being crammed on a boat for seven days with your family would be...overwhelming. I didn't find it to be overwhelming at all. In fact, Handsome Jack and I were able to spend time alone in addition to spending quality time with the fam.


On the fitness side of things, we worked out on the boat nearly every day (sometimes twice a day). On a cruise you cannot escape the food. So Handsome Jack and I made the decision to work out when we could. On our first day we went down to the gym and signed up for some yoga and spin classes. We also made sure we spent at least thirty mins each day on the elliptical.

Who says you can't stay fit while on vacation?


Now, I know what you're thinking: "Colleen, this all sounds like fabulous fun #FTW. Why did you say June was a mixed bag?"

Well, here it goes.

While we were at sea our dog, Lilly, died. She was a lovely Chihuahua we rescued 11 years ago at the age of five. Recently, she had developed some health issues but we were treating them with medicine and everything appeared to be well controlled. When we left for our cruise we boarded Lilly with her vet. They absolutely loved her there and I knew she was in good hands. Sometimes there is nothing you can do. It was her time.

Her passing has ripped a massive hole in our lives. Everyday we do another task that reminds us she is no longer here, like opening the back door to take out the trash and pausing for Lilly to come running (she loved the back yard).

She was a good dog and we were honored to have shared our lives with her these past 11 years. Perhaps one day there will be another puppy in our house and hearts, but for now we grieve.


So here are the details for May 2015:

1 Amazing, fun, family cruise
1 tragic,no-good, very bad loss of the cutest puppy ever (RIP Lilly Pill)
1 Day Job trip to Connecticut
13 gym workouts (mostly cardio including a 6.2 mile run, 2 yoga classes, and 1 spin class on the boat!)
2 books read for fun


And on top of all of that I still had words. Not many, but any words are worth celebrating, right? *does happy dance* This month’s grand total is 2,919 words. My lowest tracked word count so far this year. This brings my total ‘tracked’ word count for 2015 to 43,624! Not too shabby.

And as for miles, this month’s grand total is 31 miles, bringing my total ‘tracked’ mileage to 184.3 miles. I've signed up for two 5k's and I have my eye on a few more.

All in all, June happened. And now it’s over. My memories will sustain me and tomorrow is a new day. #NeverGiveUp #NeverSurrender


How are your writing goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...