Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I've been tagged! (I caught a Q&A session)


The sweet Le&ndra Wallace tagged me in her Liebster award post. Woot! And since I'm always up for a Q&A session I had to take her up on it.

For those of you who are't familiar with the Liebster award, it's for bloggers with less than two hundred followers. I certainly qualify.

There is some debate on the inteweb about what liebster means in German. Some say it means 'sweatheart' and some say it means 'dearest'. Either way, it's cute and I'm happy to answer the ten questions Le&ndra picked.

1. Who do you credit as being most inspirational in your life?

Geez, start off the bat with a hard one. It's incredibly hard to pick just one person as the MOST inspirational. I think I've been blessed to have a wealth of inspiring moments, people, and places in my life. If I had to pick just one person, though, it would be my hubby. He's my true love. My soul mate. Our love story inspires me to dream and reach for more.

2. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?


Write! I get a lot of my word count in on the weekends. Aside from writing, I love running. It's hard and I sweat like a beast but I love it. I'm not fast. So I need the long, free hours of the weekend to ensure that I finish my chosen distance before it gets dark ;)

3. Top three authors?

This is easy: I love books. And I love their authors. I have a ton of favorites listed on the FAQ section of my blog. Here are three: Chuck Palahniuk, Douglas Coupland, Stephanie Perkins

4. Snow or no snow?

No snow - I live in the south and we rarely have snow. I love to visit it from time to time but don't think I'll live where it snows anytime soon.

5. If you could visit any city in the world, what one would it be?

I'm lucky in that I've been able to travel a lot. I've been to several of the most beautiful cities: London, York, Paris, Amsterdam, Dublin, Florence, Pisa, Edinburgh, New York, Chicago, Boston, St. Louis, Atlanta, Orlando (hello Disney), Seattle, etc. The list goes on and on.

There are a few places that I've always wanted to see: Prague, Venice, Madrid. I'd love to travel to any of those three.

6. What is your favorite restaurant?

It's hard to pick one. I'm currently doing a lot of cooking and less eating out *gasp* I know. I can't believe I said that. If I had to pick it would be a Mexican restaurant, I'm sure. I love Mexican food, the entire gamut from texmex to real mex. I love it.

7. Do you loan your books out?

Yes. I sure do. I love letting people borrow my books. There are a few exceptions. I don't loan Hunger Games or Jane Austen to anyone. I've read them so much that I have smudged the pages and made them my own. I can't part with them.

8. What's the one thing you're sick of seeing on book covers?

I am sick of seeing girls in wispy dresses on covers. It's extremely prominent in YA (at least it used to be). I get it, they are beautiful and ethereal and the dress captures that. I totally get it. But can't we find another image to capture that same feeling?

9. If you could travel back in time to any major historical moment, what would it be?

OMG yes!!! I love this idea. If I could travel back in time I would want to go back to just before America was discovered. I'd want to live with the Native Americans. I always picture myself rocking long, dark hair, riding horses, and soaking up the raw beauty of this place.

But my husband likes to point out I'd probably contract a disease and die young. As much as I want to romanticize that time, life was hard then.

Still, I'd totally visit. It's 2013. Why don't we have time travel vacations yet?

10. If you could pick a name for yourself, what would it be?

This is a great question because as authors we get to pick our names. A lot of my writer friends write under pen names. I always thought I'd choose Serena. I was a huge huge HUGE Sailor Moon fan and I loved her name. But when the time came to pick a name to write under all the names I thought I'd pick didn't really fit me. They seemed more like character names than my name, you know? In the end, think I'd keep my first name, Colleen, and go with a new last name. Something stately and cool like: Hamilton.


Thanks Le&ndra, for letting me be a part of this. If your a follower or a reader and would like to participate, consider yourself tagged! That's right. Go on, repost. You know you want to:

1. Who do you credit as being most inspirational in your life?
2. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
3. Top three authors?
4. Snow or no snow?
5. If you could visit any city in the world, what one would it be?
6. What is your favorite restaurant?
7. Do you loan your books out?
8. What's the one thing you're sick of seeing on book covers?
9. If you could travel back in time to any major historical moment, what would it be?
10. If you could pick a name for yourself, what would it be?

Have fun everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...