Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review: The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller


If you couldn’t tell, I’m a nerd. A band-o, comic book reading, super hero loving, book loving nerd. I’ve been in nerd girl heaven these last few days because I’ve read TWO good books that quench my nerd thirst. The first was ONE by Leigh Ann Kopans. Check out my review here.

The nerd book I want to discuss today is THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD by Leah Rae Miller. Here’s a bit of plot overview from the blurb (don’t worry, no spoilers here):


On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader—perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl's body isn’t just unknown, it's anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way.

Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever.


Sounds great, right? Grab a copy here: Amazon or B&N

Logan IS adorkable for a lot of reasons, but primarily (in my humble opinion) because he loves Green Lantern. Can I get a ‘woot woot’?

What? Why you no like Green Lantern?
That’s okay. I’ll forgive you.

The book was a fast read. I’ve had a few of those lately. I enjoyed the characters, especially Logan. He is swoon-worthy in he persistence and sweetness. *sigh*

I really enjoyed THE SUMMER I BECAME A NERD. Four out of five Kitties of SUMMER. It’s a fun, fast, fling that won’t leave you disappointed.


Did you read SUMMER? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...