Monday, April 6, 2015

March 2015 Month In Reiew


**Recapping my monthly progress serves two purposes: first, it keeps me honest and accountable to my goals; second, it allows me to truly capture just how much work I’ve done over the last year. So let the recapping begin!**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s that time again. Time for a month in review. March blew past me as I kept busy.

I’m in the place in my revisions where I’m slicing, stitching, and slicing again. It’s a bit maddening, actually. As soon as I’ve fixed one scene there’s another, lurking, just behind it. But it’s good work, worth doing. Each time I stitch a scene back together I feel like the story is better and stronger because of it.


Running was sidelined in March. I developed a strange pain in my big toe (the joint where the toe meets your foot). It came on suddenly and was so bad that by the end of the day I couldn’t walk normally. After staying off my foot for the weekend, and with no improvement, I went to the doctor.

The Orthopedic doc saw nothing on the x-ray (woot woot) and decided that the pain was caused by a ganglion cyst on or near the joint. I was relieved it wasn’t a bunion or arthritis. A course of steroids helped clear it all up and I was able to get back to running.

And March saw its own law school activity. I attended an ‘accepted student’s reception’ where a bunch of potential new students get to mingle with the Deans, current students, and alums.


The event was at a firm downtown and I have the worst luck with downtown ATL driving. I got lost and was late…but it was still an enjoyable experience. I talked to a few other admitted students – most of which were planning to attend part-time, like me – and a few current students. It was a cool event.

The month wrapped with a fun trip out of town to visit the in-laws in their adorable 55+ community. We had a blast running a 5k with them and their friends. Afterward, we went to a dance at their community center which was surprisingly fun.


With all this going on it might be hard to imagine I was able to get any goal related work in – but I did. Here are the details for March 2015:

1 Out of Town visit (including a rockin' dance)
1 5k with family and friends
1 strange, sudden foot problem - later resolved (thank goodness)
9 gym workouts (including elliptical/treadmill and personal training) – (less than my usual, due to my toe)
4 books read for fun (and there are still more burning up my Kindle I’m dying to start)


And on top of all of that I still had words. *does happy dance* This month’s grand total is 11,595 words. This brings my total ‘tracked’ word count for 2015 to 24,359! Not too shabby. I’m off to a good start. (note: I gave up on tracking every word during revisions - it is madness. Now I only track if I have net gain).

And as for miles, this month’s grand total is 16.6 miles, bringing my total ‘tracked’ mileage to 112.3 miles. I’m just thrilled that my foot is okay.

All in all, March was a good month with progress made. I’m still feeling good about my start to 2015. #NeverGiveUp #NeverSurrender

Remember, my goal year is shortened in 2015 due to school starting in August. So next month I my 'mid point' in which I will be recapping and fine-tuning my goals. Stay tuned for more goal related posts.

How are your writing goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...