Monday, January 7, 2013
2013 Writing Goals
This time of year at the Day Job we're setting goals. It's empowering and a little frightening. Once your goals are defined and in the wild you can't hide from them.
As with any career, your success is entirely within your reach. It wont come easily and there will be long nights and stressful moments. If you work your butt off you can accomplish just about anything.
*takes deep breath*
Here are my Writing goals for 2013:
1. Finish Draft 10 of WIP (Done, 1.27.13)
2. Query WIP beginning in April (Started and stopped...but definitely started in April)
3. Finish Nano Project between April - July (underway...)
4. Build twitter network to 300 followers (Done, you guys are awesome!!)
5. Join the LitReactor community (Done, 1.25.13)
6. Take a writing class (Done - signed up for Mandy Hubbard's class for Feb)
7. Join a professional writers group
8. Attend a conference?? Scary one (Booked RWA 2013!! - Eek! Done and AWESOME!)
9. Enter 2 contests (a fun goal - Done)
10. Blog regularly - at least once a month
What are your goals for 2013?