Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 Year in Review - and other observations from a caffeinated introvert

This year has been amazing and crazy and stressful. So, in other words, it’s been like any other year. LOL

December has been slower, at least. And this time of year I always like to pause and reflect on what I’ve accomplished. Mostly because no one is going to do it for you (you gotta toot your own horn). And also because it’s empowering to see what all you’ve done with the minutes, hours, and days you’ve been given.

This year has been remarkable and here’s why:


141,557 words written. That’s almost as much as last year’s 158,693 words and pretty darn good considering my law school prep work took a boat load of my personal time. *0.0* (I'm still in shock I did so well - check out how I did Nov, Oct, and Sep)

72 blogs posted

100 + new Twitter followers

6000 blog views

21 novels read

1 writing class attended

2 WIP’s completed *woo hoo* Granted, one was started last year. But still.

1 conference attended - see my RWA14 recap here.

0 contests entered. Ooops. Missed that goal but you know what, I’m okay with it. Primarily because my story wasn’t contest ready this year. There’s always next year.



My personal life didn't sit dormant all year so I could accomplish all those great writerly achievements. No, sir.


I took the soul-sucking LSAT prep class. Conquered the test and got accepted to law school!

My husband and I have been training for the 2015 #DopeyChallenge for months now.

We’ve run more than 265.3 miles this year.

There was travel for vacations and business: St. Louis MO, various parts of FL (4 separate times), North GA Mountains (5 separate times), KY, Jackson MS, Charleston SC, and San Antonio TX. These trips included hiking, backpacking, running, tubing, swimming, kayaking, and time on the beach. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

I even took a few rides on the back of my hubby’s bike. Either I’m getting better at being a passenger or I’m losing my voice – either way, there is less screaming now. Who knew being a passenger would require practice?

I successfully hosted my family’s Thanksgiving Extravaganza without landing anyone in the Emergency Room (go, me!).



Through it all I was able to accomplish most the writing goals I set out for myself. I missed some milestones and goals along the way, but the end result was success and momentum. And momentum in the pursuit of any passion is a many splendid thing.


It’s time to celebrate our momentum and achievements. It's time to look forward to another great year. I, for one, am going to read a book, watch some cheesy holiday rom-coms, and hang out with friends (not concurrently, of course).


How do you plan to celebrate?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like one awesome year :) and a very busy one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We accomplish so much and quickly forget it. Looking at my year like this helps remind me of all the hard work :) How are you celebrating your accomplishments?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...