Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I Can Haz Productivity: September 2014 Month in Review



So autumn is finally here! I’m so excited. I love fall. And of all the fall months, I love October best (so I'm excited for October to be here). That's not to say I don't enjoy September. September is pretty freaking awesome, too. And this September was no exception, here’s why:


1. I finished my WIP. First draft done baby. I finished it early in September. Put it away for a few weeks and then tackled my first round of edits. The project is currently with some trusted CP’s/Beta’s. I’m really excited to get their feedback.


2. The weather is starting to turn. The best part about fall is the change in seasons. The air starts to crisp and the humidity dissipates (at least usually) and fall fashions come back (tights and dresses and boots, oh my!). Fall is perfect running weather and Handsome Jack and I hit the trails a few times in September.


3. TV shows!!! I love a good story, regardless or the medium used to tell it, so I get excited about TV shows returning. This year I was eagerly awaiting the return of The Mindy Project. Such a great show. Oh, and I can’t stop watching Sons of Anarchy, even though I’m angry with the writers for what they did at the end of last season. (You know what you did)

No out of town travel this month meant I was able to work my tail off and I’ve been happy with the results. Here are the details:

1 Just for fun project started (sometimes you just need to have fun)
1 Partial beta for CP's (story seems very cool so far)
0 runDisney costume completed (but many in progress – updates to come)
1 novel read for fun
3 long trail runs
9 gym workouts (including elliptical and personal trainer)


And words!!! *does happy dance* For a grand total of 11,782 words. This brings my total ‘tracked’ word count to 124,354 for the year!

And as for miles ran, I am happy to report, 27 miles logged. Which brings my total ‘tracked’ mileage to 172.5 miles this year. I’m happy to be falling in love with running again.

All in all, it’s not a bad month. When combined with Aug, July, and June I feel like I'm on a roll! I'm looking forward to what the holiday season will bring.

#NeverGiveUp #NeverSurrender

How are your writing goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...