Monday, August 4, 2014

I Can Haz Productivity: July 2014 month in review


July was amazing! For a lot of reasons but it was extra special because of #RWA14! I’m working to compile my RWA recap post so stay tuned for more info on the conference.

In addition to amazing fun writerly times, I was able to sneak away for a family vacation on the lake. We fished, kayaked, and spent time around the fire. Here's a pic of my dad and I with a fish we each caught:


The time with family was rejuvenating. The house was amazing and the views were incredible. Loved it.


We also celebrated the 4th of July in the town square which was adorable. I’ve lived here for years but this year was the first time I was able to spend the holiday on the square. Lovely.


I wasn't the only one busy, either. Handsome Jack, my hubby, planned his first bike trip in which he took on the tail of the dragon. check out this pic. *fans self* It's swoon worthy:


As you may recall from this #RunDisney training post, we started training for the Dopey challenge in July. So far we’ve been running a lot of miles on local trails. Which has been good on my knees but bad on my foot. I’ve already started icing. See?


And while all this fun, fabulous stuff was going on I was writing. Lots and lots of words! Yay! Let’s take a look at the stats:

1 Partial beta for a CP
3 novels read for fun
1 out of town Vacay
1 out of town writers conference!
3 trail runs and several gym workouts



And words, not many words but I don't want to lose sight of the fact that any words are better than no words *does happy dance * For a grand total of 37, 885 words. WHAT THE WHAT?! That is my highest word count this year and let me tell you, guys, it feels so good to write that much. This brings my total ‘tracked’ word count to 84, 364 for the year! That's right, I nearly doubled my total word count in one month!! Things are starting to get back on track and that feels good.

And as for miles ran, I am happy to report, 32.5 miles logged. Which brings my total ‘tracked’ mileage to 112.1 miles this year. I’m happy to be falling in love with running again.

All in all, it’s not a bad month. Looking forward to making further strides in my draft next month.

#NeverGiveUp #NeverSurrender
How are your writing goals coming along?

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap that's some word count!! And a lot of other things going on too. I think that's the way to do it; the busier I get, the more things I make time for and actually DO.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...