Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Training for Dopey Challenge

Back in April I posted a little bit about my goal of running the Dopey Challenge in 2015. For those who don’t know, the Dopey Challenge is part of Walt Disney Word’s Marathon weekend. In the Dopey, one person signs up for and completes 4 races over 4 days: 5k on Thursday, 10k on Friday, Half Marathon on Saturday, and a Full Marathon on Sunday. It’s 48.6 miles over 4 days and it’s not till January.



But training starts this month. I’m following the standard run/walk training plan for the Dopey (you can find it here on the WDW Marathon website). It basically involves running 3-4 days a week which I'm really excited/nervous about.


I can't wait to run down main street again. Such a magical race.

Here’s a pic of my new shoes.


Shiny, right?

At the end of training I’m sure these shoes will be wrecked. If they even last that long. Chances are high that I will be buying another pair before race day.

I’m telling you about my training for two reasons:


First, to warn you:



But also to keep myself accountable (just like I do with my writing and word count).


Are there any fellow #runDisney fans out there? Share your runDisney or other running goals here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...