Monday, June 9, 2014

It's Done: Celebrating Even Minor Victories

The test is done. Over. Finished.


Or, as my father would say, slayed (as in I slayed the test). Yep.


I beat the crap out of that test.


After four months of prep classes totaling 184 classroom hours (and countless more homework hours) I have conquered the test.


Now, that’s not to say I aced the test. I won’t actually get my score for at least thirty days.YES. Thirty. Days.


A wait that long should constitute cruel and unusual punishment in this instant-age where we get everything we want on-demand. *sigh* I guess I’ll have to put my grown-up panties on and be patient.


But regardless of the score, I know I did my absolute best. And that’s a good feeling.


Hmm, similar, I’d say, to the feeling you get when you query a novel you’ve poured your heart into, edited for days/weeks/months, and polished to a blinding sheen. Regardless of the rejections that come, knowing you did your best is a good feeling.See what I did there?


Time to celebrate! Because any victory, no matter how minor or intermediate, is worth celebrating. Because doing something, actually doing it (and not just talking about it, or planning it, or thinking bout it, or dreaming about it) is a BIG deal. Feel good about it. Celebrate it.



*Cheers*



What accomplishment are you celebrating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...