Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My ultra Goofy running weekend



You probably know by now that I'm a runner girl. I'm slow but I love running. I didn't run in high school or college. I joined the sport later when I needed something to satisfy my inner competitor.

I've been a runner for years now. I became a Marathoner last year when I completed the Disney Marathon. Disney seemed like a magical way to cut my endurance teeth. While we were there we learned about something bigger than the Disney Marathon...something crazier.

The Disney Goofy Challenge: A half marathon on Saturday and a full marathon on Sunday. That's 39.3 miles in 48 hrs, folks. We were so excited by the idea that we even signed up for the 5k on Friday, bringing the total mileage for the 2013 RunDisney weekend to 42.4 miles. Why not? Right?

We survived the 3 days and 42.2 miles. Without a doubt some of the most difficult miles I've ever conquered.

Sometime during the weekend my hubby and I came down with the flu. Hard to say when the symptoms really set in. We were exhausted from all the running so the pain sorta melded together.

I'm sick and barely human at the moment. Not really in the celebratory mood but a celebration is in order. 42.4 miles in 3 days isn't something that should pass by quietly.

So WOO HOO! HUZZAH! *twirls* *skips while throwing glitter* *coughs* *hacks* * wheezes*

Here are some pictures from the event.






Some pretty nice swag if you ask me. Can't wait to throw these medals up no the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...