Monday, September 7, 2015

Aug 2015 Month In Review


**Recapping my monthly progress serves two purposes: first, it keeps me honest and accountable to my goals; second, it allows me to truly capture just how much work I’ve done over the last year. So let the recapping begin!**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August is done.


Almost, as if on cue, the weather in GA has started to chill (which I love). Call me basic but I love Autumn (yes, I love pumpkin spice flavored stuff. I also love sweaters, jackets, hoodies, and boots.) So bring on the Fall.

Before I get too carried away I should do what I came here to do: recap August.

I wrapped up my writing goals for the year which was bittersweet. I didn’t accomplish everything I set out to do – but that’s okay. Check out my final goal post here.

Writing took a brief vacation this month as I transitioned into law school. But before my writing took a break, I did have the opportunity to spend a wonderful weekend with writing friends including the awesome @CA_Corneille. Together we met friends IRL that I had previously only tweeted with (or taken writing classes with). Did I mention @CA_Corneille is also one of my amazing, wonderful, brilliant CP's? Well she is AND she provided some wonderful feedback on my project. ((hugs))

So, law school. I want to write a post summarizing my initial impressions so I won’t go into too much detail here…just know that I’m excited/nervous/thrilled/scared/overwhelmed most of the time when it comes to school. Hooray.


The hardest part about this new routine is actually making it ‘a routine.’ So far I’ve had events at school that require me to leave my Day Job early or cancel my workout. I've already experienced the terror of missed assignments (due to my error) and the mad rush to catch up. And along those lines - my plans to do a little cardio each day (hello, stress reliever) were thwarted when I failed to pack gym clothes. That's basic stuff. I’m also not able to make the personal training sessions Handsome Jack and I have three times a week so I’m losing muscle mass. Little mistakes or changes are throwing me off big time. It's unsettling but also a wee bit exciting. I’m just not comfortable with the new normal….yet.

So here are the details for Aug 2015:
1 Fabulous, amazing, wonderful writing weekend
1 5k cancelled – I over committed myself
1 visit from family including a tubing trip down the hooch.
10 gym workouts (my gym workouts are changing to mostly cardio and a few machines because I can’t make the sessions with the trainer)
0 books read for fun *0.0* (unless you count Torts and Contract Law as fun….)


And on top of all of that I still had words. Not many, but any words are worth celebrating, right? *does happy dance* This month’s grand total is 5,452 words. Which isn't my lowest tracked word count so far this year *yay*. This brings my total ‘tracked’ word count for 2015 to 56,696! Not too shabby.

And as for miles, this month’s grand total is 9.5 (wah wah) miles, bringing my total ‘tracked’ mileage to 200.1 miles.
#NeverGiveUp #NeverSurrender

How are your writing goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...