Monday, June 1, 2015

May 2015 Month In Reiew


**Recapping my monthly progress serves two purposes: first, it keeps me honest and accountable to my goals; second, it allows me to truly capture just how much work I’ve done over the last year. So let the recapping begin!**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May is done!! Thank goodness!! I don’t want to say May was terrible but May was terrible.

Don’t get me wrong. Good things happened in May but I was blah for most of the month.

First of all, I slammed face-first into burnout. Reading burnout and writing burnout. No book felt right.


I’d start reading something and put it down while still in the first chapter. I’d start writing an outline for my future WIP and stop.

I didn’t send out queries as I had planned and I didn’t enter the contests I had scouted. I just didn’t do writing related stuff for most of May. And I felt pretty terrible about it. I’m still exploring this feeling but when I figure it out you better believe there will be a post dedicated to it.

In addition to the crushing burnout suffered in May I also caught and suffered with the dreaded spring cold. I hate hate hate being sick when it is warm and pretty outside. Getting sick in the spring/summer seems unnaturally cruel. But alas, it happened. I was laid out for a full week. I was supposed to travel to St. Louis to visit family over the Memorial day weekend but I had to cancel. Traveling while sick is no fun.



On the fitness side of things, our trainer left us and moved to Houston. This was particularly difficult because we have worked out with him three times a week for three years. We see him more than family and friends. He was a great coach and we learned a lot from him. I’m happy for him and his new gig but sad to see him go.

Here are the details for May 2015:

1 terrible, no-good, very bad cold
13 gym workouts (mostly weight training although I did discover the stair stepper and I think I’m in love!)
1 book read for fun (review coming soon)


And on top of all of that I still had words. Not many, but any words are worth celebrating, right? *does happy dance* This month’s grand total is 4,468 words. This brings my total ‘tracked’ word count for 2015 to 40,705! Not too shabby.

And as for miles, this month’s grand total is 17.6 miles, bringing my total ‘tracked’ mileage to 153.3 miles. I still haven’t found a 5k or 10k to run. Most of these are scheduled for closer to the fall (which doesn’t work for me as that’s when I start school…bummer). Also, I’ve been spending a lot of time on the stair stepper lately (which I love) but I’m not sure how to translate that into ‘miles’ so I haven’t been counting those workouts.

All in all, May was……a month. It’s over and tomorrow is a new day. #NeverGiveUp #NeverSurrender


How are your writing goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...