Monday, May 4, 2015

April 2015 Month In Reiew


**Recapping my monthly progress serves two purposes: first, it keeps me honest and accountable to my goals; second, it allows me to truly capture just how much work I’ve done over the last year. So let the recapping begin!**

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah April, what can I say about it? A lot as it turns out – this is going to be a wee bit longer than most of my monthly updates. Consider yourself warned.

First, I had out of town travel for work. Normally I’d use that time to get a boatload of writing done because I never sleep well in hotels. But this trip was a quick out-and-back (just one night) and I was reading a book I couldn’t put down. So, not a lot of writing got done.

But April was fabulous because my mom came for a weekend visit. Always love spending time with family. We went to one of those painting classes where you pain and drink wine (brilliant idea!). It was a ton of fun. Here’s a pic of our painting.


And I also was lucky enough to attend a fabulous book release party for Delilah S. Dawson's most recent YA, HIT (about a badass teen assassin in bank owned America). Check out my review if HIT here.


Next, I attended my first Biker Con. Err, um, what's that? Bikers don't do 'cons' you say? Right, right. It was a bike rally.


Being a super nerd, open to a lot of fandoms, I was thrilled to go on this trip with my hubby, Handsome Jack. A post dedicated to this trip is coming soon.

April also saw my NA Rom Com return to the hands of CP's for a second round of edits. This book is officially in draft 4 already so I’m excited to get another round of feedback. Woo hoo. It's always exciting to turn a piece of writing over to CP's. The down side is that the hard work will start soon (when the feedback rolls in). *cracks knuckles* I think I’m ready for it. I love this story and the characters. I really want to do justice by them.

With my NA Rom Com finished (for now) I had to keep myself busy with other writing projects. I primarily focused on two:

Outline of new projects and revisions of an old project.

New ideas are always so much fun. It's a bit like a sugar high. When I’m plotting a new idea/world/character the ideas can buzz around in my head all day and into the night. Riding that wave is a magical. But April wasn’t all magic and sweetness.

I also worked on revisions of an older project. A verrrrrry old project. So the revisions were… challenging. I'm happy to say I still love the characters. And I’m happy to see that my writing has come a long way since I originally drafted/revised that project. All in all, working on an old project was a challenge, but a good challenge.

My running was sidelined a bit in April due to my out of town travel for work and out of town guests.

With all this going on it might be hard to imagine I was able to get any goal related work in (I’ve stated before, I don’t track words during revisions because I just lose my mind trying to keep up) – but I did. Here are the details for April 2015:


1 Out of Town trip for the Day Job
1 Weekend visit from mom
1 Book release party (with cake!)
1 Bad a$$ biker rally
15 gym workouts (mostly weight training)
4 books read for fun (reviews coming soon)


And on top of all of that I still had words. *does happy dance* This month’s grand total is 11,878 words. This brings my total ‘tracked’ word count for 2015 to 36,237! Not too shabby. My year is still going strong.

And as for miles, this month’s grand total is 23.4 miles, bringing my total ‘tracked’ mileage to 135.7 miles. I’m itching for some races so I hope to sign up for a 5k and 10k soon.

All in all, April was a good month with progress and that’s something to celebrate. #NeverGiveUp #NeverSurrender

How are your writing goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...