Monday, April 13, 2015

2015 Quarterly Goal Check

It's April already and for most of you that means you are one quarter deep in 2015. Woo hoo. But for me (due to my shortened goal year) I am Half. Way. Through!! Omg. How did this happen?

Before I spiral into a tornado of doubt and panic (my writing goal time is half over!) I need to pause, take a breath, and examine my activity thus far.

My goals for 2015 were:


Professional: Improving Craft

Take one online writing classes before Aug 2015 – On track but not yet completed. I’ve seen a few that looked interesting but budget restraints kept me from enrolling. Luckily, I’m a member or RWA and the organization offers classes online for members on the cheap. I’ve spied some good ones coming up.

Query at least one project before Aug 2015 – On track but not yet completed. However, the project I’ve targeted for querying is nearly polished. Have not lost hope yet.

Complete 2 revisions before Aug 2015 – On track but not yet completed - 1 project revised. Another one on the schedule.


Professional: Idea Generating

Plot NA sequels before Aug 2015 – Done!!! Yep, I plotted them and I'm in love with the characters. I'm really looking forward to writing them.

Plot YA sequels before Aug 2015 – On track but not yet completed.

Plot UF sequels before Aug 2015 – On track but not yet completed.

Plot any shiny new ideas before Aug 2015 – On track but not yet completed.


Professional: Efficiency


Define writing time (once law school class schedule is finalized) – Schedule still unknown.

Research alternate platforms before Aug 2015 – Done. I haven’t decided if I’m going to move from Blogger to Tumblr yet but I feel like I’m leaning that way.

Better integrate social media presence before Aug 2015 – Done. I’ve linked my pinterest and goodreads to my blog. So that’s nice.


Personal: Fitness


Run a 10k before Aug 2015 – Not yet completed.

Run 2 or more 5k’s before Aug 2015 – On track. One down, one more to go.

Define law school fitness time (once class schedule is finalized) – Schedule still unknown.


Personal: FUN! (Because I’ve heard my 1L year of law school might not be fun)


Go on a Caribbean cruise before Aug 2015 – Booked!!! Can’t wait.

Visit Alaska (one of my bucket list items) before Aug 2015 –Booked. Can’t wait.

Go camping or backpacking before Aug 2015 (a local fun thing that we sometimes forget to do because we get ‘too’ busy) – on track.

Go tubing/float trip before Aug 2015 (another local fun thing that we sometimes forget to do because we get ‘too’ busy) – on track.


Personal: Family


Take at least one highway ride on the bike with Handsome Jack – Planned for May! Going on a full out ride with his RC. Should be fun.

Visit STL before Aug 2015 – On track.

Visit FL before Aug 2015 – Done.


So a lot of my goals are not yet completed. However, I feel like they are reasonable and manageable in the time remaining before I start school. I’m not going to restate any goals at this time.

How are your writing goals coming? Need to make an adjustment? That’s nothing to be ashamed of. I’ve been there. Check out my goal restatement post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...