Thursday, May 15, 2014

I Can Haz Productivity: April 2014 Month in Review


Alright, so this post is a smidge late. But better late than never! Huzzah!

April has come and gone. Can you believe it? Sheesh.

Luckily, I've been tracking a lot of my time so I know pretty darn well where all the time went. And as much as I wish I could report good word counts and high mileage in the month of April....I simply can't. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. I am. But wallowing in my own self pity never feels good for long. So here's my recap, I'm moving right along:

First and foremost, April was a month of class. I had 32 hours of class. And for every hour in class I had at least two additional hours of homework. Sigh. I'm tired just thinking about it. May is my last full month of class (for now). So at least there is an end in sight.

But it wasn't all school and homework. My hubs, Handsome Jack, and I had a couple of fun dates:


The first was to the Lion King musical. We sat in the first row. I've never sat in the front row for a musical before and it was Ah. Maz. Ing! The music, the acting, the costumes and puppetry - all of it was wonderful. I cried. I laughed. It was one of my favorites. And sitting up front was surreal.

Here I am getting ready for Lion King. The animal print dress seemed appropriate.


And a dear friend of mine threw a big bash to celebrate his engagement. We were so excited to go. The food was amazing and we had a great time!

Here's a happy shot from the table.


And of course, there was the Jackson Mississippi Warrior Dash! We traveled to MS to run the Dash with my SIL and BIL. If you've never run a Warrior Dash let me enlighten you: The Warrior Dash is a muddy 5k obstacle course where finishers get free beer. So it's pretty fun. A lot of runners dress in costume. Since there were four people in our group we chose Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.



I'm Leonardo.


Our costumes were a big hit and we had a blast.


And there was a lot of mud!



But that's not all! We successfully signed up for the Dopey Challenge. It sold out super fast so we were thrilled to get a slot! Are you running Disney this year?


And last, but not least, I got some motorcycle time in.



And I didn't scream the entire time! So there's that.

So with all that madness, what did my month yield? The productivity is as follows:

2 Novels read for fun

1 Beta for a CP

1 out of town trip

1 5k race

And words, not many words but I don't want to lose sight of the fact that any words are better than no words *does happy dance *

For a grand total of 2,756 words. This brings my total ‘tracked’ word count to 31,666 for the year! My writing goals are off the mark. And as a result I needed to adjust down my targets.

And as I mentioned before, I have big running goals this year. So I've decided to track my miles as well, I am happy to report, 14.2 miles logged.

Which brings my total ‘tracked’ mileage to 44 miles. I’m just happy to be falling in love with running again.


How are your writing goals coming along? How do you determine you daily word goals?

1 comment:

  1. Ha, love that you guys were the Turtles! That looked like a blast. So many fun things you did last month, yay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...